Monday, January 29, 2018

rumpus with color



There is a new tangle from Zentangle. It's called Rumpus and it's lots of fun to play with. Rick and Maria have a YouTube video demonstrating it that will get you going.

In my version I used a set of 6 3z tiles. (It's done on a Zendala tile in the video.) I used 3zs so I could do this tangle in a larger scale and play with it by rearranging the 3z tiles. Photos below. I used a sepia colored pen and colored pencils for shading.

I originally did it with just a brown colored pencil for shading. I wanted to play with color though so I added two shades of yellow, two shades of orange and two shades of red colored pencils.



One of the fun things about doing it on 3Z tiles is that you can rearrange them to make different patterns. I had a lot of fun playing with the different results. Check my blog post earlier to see some of the options - click here.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea and perfect performance :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Sue! I love it! The colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour choices Sue. I love the way Rumpus grows to fill a space - I think it's a very enthusiastic tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! If I had done it on 3Z's it would never have lined up no nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use color and 3Z. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely Rumpus. And I love how you did them on 3z tiles. You must have thought that through in order to make them work so well together. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome way to use the 3Z tiles. Makes a stunning Rumpus both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Rumpus on the 3Z tiles! Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea! I love the color scheme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours, lovely tiles and especially lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.